jQuery 1.4 was recently released. This wasn’t simply a maintenance release as some had speculated; there are many new features, enhancements and performance improvements included in 1.4! This post covers the new features and enhancements that you may find beneficial.
You can download jQuery 1.4 right now, here: http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.4.js
- Passing Attributes to jQuery(…)
- Everything “until”!
- Binding Multiple Event Handlers
- Per-Property Easing
- New Live Events!
- Controlling a Function’s Context
- Delay an Animation Queue
- Check if an Element Has Something
- Unwrap Elements!
- Remove Elements Without Deleting Data
- index(…) Enhancements
- DOM Manipulation Methods Accept Callbacks
- Determine the Type of Object
- Closest(…) Enhancements
- New Events! focusIn and focusOut
Don’t forget to checkout the new API documentation!